Did you know that we live in an obesogenic society? Many of the factors contributing to our BMI are actually out of our control.
Factors that contribute to weight gain include:
- Our Environment- BPA, Phthalates, plastic polymers, etc.
- Our Microbiome which is directly impacted by our environment
- Medications we may be taking
- Lifestyle choices
- Food Allergens
- Underlying medical conditions which cause people to feel unwell and make poor lifestyle choices.
- Adrenal and Hormonal Health
Multiple Dietary Patterns are nutritious and can be used to attain healthy weight loss. However, the goal should be to reduce calories:
- 1200-1500 a day for women
- 1500-1800 for men.
Our favorite diet plan is the Mediterranean Diet because of its benefits in cancer reduction, cardiovascular health, and longevity. However, Dr Reis is open to working with a variety of diet preferences based on what works best for you!
Discussing weight and using medication to reduce weight and maintain healthy BMI is often underutilized by physicians.
Medication is only part of the puzzle but an important part of helping attain a healthy weight and disease prevention. However, weight loss medication works synergistically with lifestyle changes and exercise.
Reis Wellness offers guidance regarding medications for weight loss:
- Did you know that there are currently 6 FDA approved options for weight loss that we can work with?
Medications should often be used as a long term solution and not just short term.
Reis Wellness offers lipotropic (fat burning) injections and SL lipotropic sprays as well as supplements to help with carbohydrate craving and more…
Dr Reis focuses on addressing the whole person to help achieve overall wellness. If achieving a healthy weight is part of your goals, become a member so that she can help customize a plan for you. You can also call us at 208-537-2798 to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Reis.